IMC’s Diploma in Nursing programme strives for excellence in preparing our future nurses to be knowledgeable, competent, compassionate, and ethical professionals, prepared to provide leadership in all areas or nursing practice. Throughout our programme we will help students develop and advance nursing knowledge.
Nursing is the integration of the knowledge and practice of human care. Nursing knowledge arises out of theory, scientific inquiry, and critical reflection. It is this synergistic effect that enables nurses to understand and significantly contribute to health and healing. Nurses employ theoretical, intuitive, moral, and ethical reasoning in their practice. The course involves a comprehensive and varied programme of study involving simulated practice and fieldwork, team learning, clinical skills development, and biological, behavioral, and nursing science. It is organised around the study of individuals within the family and community, and emphasizes the integration of nursing theory with clinical practice to provide students with an opportunity for experiential learning.
Graduates of the Diploma in Nursing from IMC have the opportunity to work and gain valuable practical working experience overseas. These opportunities are made available by the IHH group of hospitals (Pantai/Gleneagles Group of Hospitals) in Malaysia and Singapore.
Parkway Pantai Hospitals in Singapore that offer the employment opportunities are to our graduates include :
- • Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- • Parkway Hospitals
- • Woodlands Hospital
Such an opportunity is made possible as employment mobility is integral to the IMC educational philosophy. Graduates who choose to work overseas will gain insight on the medical practices overseas, which is different from that in Malaysia. Having working experience in an overseas hospital is also an exciting way of setting you apart from the rest of the crowd when you start moving up the career ladder.
Your education does not stop at Diploma, as long as you have the ambition and energy to pursue further, you can opt to undergo a specialisation course referred to as Post Basic certification (6 months to 1 year programme) to meet the needs of your working career at the hospital.
The option to pursue a Degree after your Diploma is also available after 3 years of working experience. IMU offers Bachelor of Nursing Science (Hons) Post Registration that can be completed on part-time basis within 2 to 4 years.
Find out more about the programme here.
Diploma in Nursing → Post Basic → Bachelor of Nursing (Post Registration) at International Medical University → Master of Nursing → PhD
|Pass SPM or equivalent with five (5) credit.|
|Mandatory Credits in|
|Either One (1) of the Credits for these subjects|
|Credits in Two (2) other subjects|
*subject to Lembaga Jururawat Malaysia’s terms and conditions
Total fees for Diploma in Nursing is RM48,600 (Registration, Tuition and Uniform).
Accommodation & Transportation are optional and not included in the above fee.
However, this can be arranged upon request.
|Type of Loan||BSH 100%||BSH 75%||BSH 50%|
|Registration – cash payment||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|PTPTN Loan Amount||38,250||28,680||19,140|
|Balance Payable over 3 years||10,350||19,920||29,640|
|Amount per month||289||554||819|
Fee structure is only a guideline. Final loan amount disbursed is under PTPTN’s discretion.
Documents required for PTPTN application are as follows:
- • 1 Copy of applicant NRIC (front and back to be photocopied on same page)
- • 1 Copy of Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia certificate/slip
- • Copy of International Medical College Offer Letter
- • 1 copy of CIMB Savings account book/statement (front page only). To consist of Account holders name, NRIC No and Account Number
- • 1 copy of both parents salary slip (or)
– Applicants whose parents are self-employed or not employed are required to fill in the “Borang Pengesahan Pendapatan” which can be acquired from IMC (or)
– Applicants whose parents are retirees from the government sector are required to produce the “Retirement Card” (or)
– Applicants whose parents are divorced are required to produce the Divorce Certificate.
- • 1 copy of both parents NRIC. Applicants whose either parents are deceased are required to produce the Death Certificate.
- • BSN PIN Number. Applicants are advised to visit any Bank Simpanan Nasional to purchase the Pin Number at RM 5.00. At the bank, Kindly state for “PTPTN Online Application”.
- • 1 copy of Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (SSPN) statement/card. Account can be opened at CIMB, Bank Islam or any PTPTN branches.
International Medical College offers full and partial sponsorship for Diploma in Nursing.
Read more about the sponsorship in our FAQ section.
1. What the sponsorship covers?
· 3 years of tuition fees
· Accommodation (hostel)
· Transportation for practical training
· Insurance and Healthcare benefits
· Monthly allowances
· Employment Guarantee
Employment with sponsor hospital depends on the terms and conditions of respective hospitals.
For those who satisfy the entry requirements of 5 credits in SPM and are passionate to serve others, we urge you to take advantage of this full sponsorship with guaranteed employment opportunity.
2. Eligibility to Apply?
· Be a Malaysian citizen.
· Possess excellent academic records at SPM, STPM holders are encouraged to apply, but the SPM result must meet the academic entry requirement) with credits in Mathematics, Science, Bahasa Malaysia and any other 2 subjects. Pass in English.
· Be certified physically and mentally fit by a medical practitioner.
· Boys are welcome to pursue the programme.
3. Selection of Candidates?
The criteria for selection of candidates for the sponsorships will be based on academic merit, financial need and socio-economic background as well as excellence in extracurricular activities. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the respective Sponsors.
4. Good Command of Languages?
All IMC students are required to have a good command of English. Additionally, IMC students are expected to be fluent in Bahasa Malaysia because they have to function effectively as students, and later as nurses.
5. How to Apply?
To apply for a sponsorship for Diploma in Nursing, please submit your application.
- Health Science I – Anatomy & Physiology
- Microbiology and Parasitology
- Professional adjustment; Medico-Legal Aspects: Communication & Public Relationship
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- English for Nurses
- Clinical Practice I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Pharmacology & Nutrition
- Introduction to Medical/Surgical Nursing; Inflammation and Infection, Fluids and Electrolytes Balance; Perioperative Nursing
- Psychology and Sociology
- Islamic Studies / Moral Studies
- Clinical Practice II
- Care of Patients with Altered Gastrointestinal System
- Care of Patients with Altered CVS & Respiratory Systems
- Care of Patients with Altered Hemopoietic system; Altered Immune Systems
- Malaysian Studies
- Clinical Practice III
- Care of Patients with Altered Endocrine & Musculoskeletal Systems; Mammary glands
- Care of Patients with Altered Reproductive and Genitourinary Systems
- Care of Patients with Altered Integumentary, Communicable Diseases
- Maternal and Infant Nursing
- Clinical Practice IV
- Community Health Nursing
- Care of Patients with Altered Nervous System; ENT & Eye
- Mental Health Nursing; Gerontology
- Excellence in Work Culture, Corporate Culture & Entrepreneurship
- Clinical Practice V
- Principles of Management; Research & Statistics
- Emergency and Disaster Management; Critical Care Nursing
- Clinical Practice VI