This workshop is a first of series in Law and Nursing. Part 1: The Valid Consent.
- Part 1: Valid Consent (Dec 2019)
- Part 2: Nursing Rights: The Patient’s Advocate (Mar 2020)
- Part 3: Nursing & Internet Technology: The Challenges (Jul 2020)
- Part 4: End of Life Care (Nov 2020)
What is a valid informed consent? What are the elements in consent? The workshop focuses on the elements of a valid informed consent which nurses are part of on day-to-day basis. Nurses’ are patients’ advocates and play a pivotal role in the healthcare system.
Whilst this workshop aims to inform nurses in the healthcare system, it is also advantageous for personnel working in medical centres or nursing facilities, community based nursing facilities and private nursing homes or private nursing services.
Participants attending this workshop will be able:
- To identify elements of a valid informed consent.
- To understand the implications of an invalid informed consent or poor consent taking process.
- To apply elements of a valid informed consent to consent taking processes.
|8.00am – 8.30am||Registration & Breakfast|
|8.30am – 8.45am||Meet and Greet
|8.45am – 10.15am||Elements of Consent
Questions and Answer Session
|10.15am – 10.30am||Team Building Tea Time|
|10.30am – 12.30pm||Case Scenarios – Causal and Impact
Group Work & Presentation
|12.30pm – 1.00pm||Closing Remarks & Summary of Session
Certificate Presentation & Photo Session
Feedback Form & Thank You
Lunch is Provided
Who Should Attend
- • Nurse Managers
- • Nursing Lecturers
- • Clinical Instructors
- • Senior Nurses
- • Junior Nurses
K. Sunita Das
Cert’t Teaching (Sime Darby)
Cer’t Critical Care Nsg (Sime Darby)
Bac Med (QMUL, UK)
PGDip (CityU, London, UK)
Partner (Messrs Ram and Low)