A dedicated and compassionate nurse, Dhivhya a/p Kandasamy Ragendran (Ayer Keroh, Group 2/2012) is currently working as a Registered Nurse at Pantai Hospital Ampang. She is focused on providing the best possible care for patients ensuring that they are comfortable while receiving the correct pain relief. During her work in the medical ward, Dhivhya was able to acquire not only caring skills but also assessment setting skills with different tools and techniques for the benefit of her patients. She is proud of her professionalism, carrying out her duty with high standards. Dhivhya felt that she also improved on her communication skills through patient education as well.
“My keys of success are Empathy, Ethics, Teamwork and Continuous Improvement.
Nurses are the front-liners in healthcare facilities. Moreover, the increasing number of emerging diseases often force nurses to take on roles outside of their normal duties, which made me participate as an Infection Control Link Nurse.
My responsibilities for the role are:
- Gathering and analysing data, facts and trends of infection to other healthcare personnel.
- Providing training, education and prevention methods to medical professionals and civilians.
- Developing plans to prevent patients from spreading diseases throughout the hospital or to other patient care facilities.
- Reinforcing the implementation of infection control practices as provided in the guidelines of the Standard Operating Policy and Procedure (SOPP).
- Conducting audits in Hand Hygiene and Blood Spillage by using proper auditing tools.”
Dhivhya has received numerous compliments from patients since the start of her work with the hospital. The current hospital Matron Hannah Fong shared with us, “SN Dhivhya is a nurse committed in her work, and this sets a good example for other nurses to follow.”