ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The 1-year Full Time Advanced Diploma in Midwifery programme is designed to prepare
registered nurses who are keen to take up midwifery as a profession in their career pathway.
The programme is approved by the Midwifery Board Malaysia (MBM), Ministry of Higher
Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Why Study Advanced Diploma in Midwifery at IMC?
• The curriculum prepares you to be a safe, competent, critical thinking midwife to meet the needs of women during pregnancy, delivery and postnatal period.
• Experienced Academic Staff
• Clinical Placements at Government Hospitals and Health Clinics
Midwifery Board Malaysia (MBM) Registration Examination
At the end of the one-year training, the students need to sit for MBM Registration Examination. Those who have passed will be required to register with MBM to practice Midwifery.
Opportunity for Midwives to hold Managerial Positions in hospital and further continue education at Masters and PhD level.
- • Possess Diploma in Nursing from a recognised institution
- • Registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board
- • Possess current Annual Practicing Certificate
- • Minimum 2 years clinical working experience
- • Medically fit
|Course Fee||RM20,000 (includes Registration, Administrative and Programme fees)|
|Accomodation||RM4,800/12 Months (optional)|
|Transportation||RM2,000/12 Months (optional)|
• Sponsorship by Employer
• Self-Pay (installment scheme can be arranged)
Advanced Diploma in Midwifery
SUBANG JAYA CAMPUS
(March / September)
- Professional Issues in Midwifery & Women’s Health
- Normal Midwifery
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nutrition & Pharmacology
- Clinical Practice I
- Clinical Practice II
- Malaysian Studies
- Research in Midwifery Practice & Statistics
- Neonatal Nursing
- Abnormal Midwifery
- Obstetric Emergencies & Operative Deliveries
- Clinical Practice III
- Clinical Practice IV
- Leadership Skills and Human Relationship
- Domiciliary Midwifery and Family Planning
- Clinical Practice V
- Clinical Practice VI
- Sociology Work and Malaysian Industry