The 1-year Full Time Advanced Diploma in Midwifery programme is designed to prepare
registered nurses who are keen to take up midwifery as a profession in their career pathway.
The programme is approved by the Midwifery Board Malaysia (MBM), Ministry of Higher
Education and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Why Study Advanced Diploma in Midwifery at IMC?
• The curriculum prepares you to be a safe, competent, critical thinking midwife to meet the needs of women during pregnancy, delivery and postnatal period.
• Experienced Academic Staff
• Clinical Placements at Government Hospitals and Health Clinics
Midwifery Board Malaysia (MBM) Registration Examination
At the end of the 1-year training, students will need to sit for and pass the MBM Registration examination, from thereon, they will be registered with the MBM and allowed to practice as midwives.
Opportunity for midwives to hold specialist roles in hospitals and community, including mother’s education in lactation.
- • Possess Diploma in Nursing from a recognised institution
- • Registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board
- • Possess current Annual Practicing Certificate
- • Minimum 2 years clinical working experience
- • Medically fit
|Course Fee||RM20,000 (includes Registration, Administrative and Programme fees)|
|Accomodation||RM400 per month (optional)|
|Transportation||RM100 per month (optional)|
• Sponsorship by Employer
• Self-Pay (installment scheme can be arranged)
- Professional Issues in Midwifery & Women’s Health
- Normal Midwifery
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nutrition & Pharmacology
- Clinical Practice I
- Clinical Practice II
- Malaysian Studies
- Research in Midwifery Practice & Statistics
- Neonatal Nursing
- Abnormal Midwifery
- Obstetric Emergencies & Operative Deliveries
- Clinical Practice III
- Clinical Practice IV
- Leadership Skills and Human Relationship
- Domiciliary Midwifery and Family Planning
- Clinical Practice V
- Clinical Practice VI
- Sociology Work and Malaysian Industry